The USPS reports that direct mail volume continues to significantly increase across the United States. Obviously, companies see the potential in direct mail, but too many forgo the element that makes it such a powerful tool—Direct Mail Tracking.
One of the worst things you can do for your direct mail marketing efforts is to blindly send out direct mail campaigns without any method for tracking impact. How can you know if your campaigns are driving ROI and performing well if you don’t have an accurate way to measure results?
With a reliable solution in place for tracking, you’ll get a clear picture of how successful your direct mail campaigns are and exactly what you can change to improve them.
What is Direct Mail Tracking?
Direct Mail Tracking is a system that helps track, measure, and analyze all aspects of direct mail efforts—from when the piece was sent to when it arrived at its destination.
Direct Mail Tracking is how you ensure the success of your direct mail campaigns, but exactly how it works will depend on which mail tracking system you use. On a basic level, some methods are merely focused on ensuring that your direct mail piece arrives at a designated location. Some direct mail will have barcodes or QR codes that can be scanned when the mail pieces arrive at their destination so that you can track their arrival status.
But, the benefits of Direct Mail Tracking go far beyond delivery confirmations. It can also be a major asset in gathering data to answer important questions regarding the effectiveness of your campaign.
Answering Questions with Direct Mail Tracking
Direct Mail Tracking allows you to collect data so that you can better understand who your audience is, how engaged they are with your content, and what you can do to improve.
With mail tracking, marketers can collect and analyze data to answer the following questions:
- How many postcards or letters were opened?
- How long did it take for the mailers to arrive at their destination?
- How many people clicked on the links included in the direct mail?
- Which campaigns were most successful?
- Which campaigns could use improvement?
- How high were the response rates from each campaign?
- How effective was each campaign, in terms of ROI?
Using Data to Enhance Strategy
Having concrete data about your campaigns and their performance at your fingertips gives you the opportunity to hone your direct mail strategy.
Using a mail tracking system can amplify your strategy in the following ways:
- Execute Targeted Campaigns: It informs you on how to create a more effective and targeted direct mail campaign.
- Make Strategic Decisions: You can measure the response rate of each campaign to make better decisions for future campaigns.
- Receive Real-Time Updates: You’ll get real-time updates about when your postcards and letters arrive at their destination.
- Track Responsiveness: You can identify your best customers by seeing who is most responsive to your campaigns.
- Observe ROI: You’ll be able to see the ROI generated from each campaign, so you know which targeted demographics are worth investing in and which ones should be avoided.
First comes data, then comes insight. Once you have the insights you need, you can start the work of perfecting your approach.
Trust CPMI Solutions to Track Your Marketing Efforts
By taking advantage of Direct Mail Tracking for your marketing efforts, you can develop a better understanding of your audience and how they engage with your campaigns and then use that information to improve future marketing efforts.
At CPMI Solutions, we provide mail tracking solutions that help you get the most out of your direct mail efforts. With our tracking system in place, you’ll be able to take full control of your direct mail and ensure that your campaigns are hitting benchmarks and driving ROI. Get started with CPMI Solutions today!